Converting Degrees to Latitude Longitude
INDIA is North East (NE)
- The whole units of degrees will remain the same (i.e. in 121.135° longitude, start with 121°).
- Multiply the decimal by 60 (i.e. .135 * 60 = 8.1).
- The whole number becomes the minutes (8′).
- Take the remaining decimal and multiply by 60. (i.e. .1 * 60 = 6).
- The resulting number becomes the seconds (6″). Seconds can remain as a decimal.
- Take your three sets of numbers and put them together, using the symbols for degrees (°), minutes (‘), and seconds (“) (i.e. 121°8’6″ longitude)
You can do it fast by visiting http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/bickel/DDDMMSS-decimal.html
Convert Degree, Minutes, Seconds to Latitude and Longitude
- latitude and longitude in a decimal format: 42.1361
- latitude and longitude in degree, minute, second format: 42deg, 08min, 10sec
- To convert coordinates from degrees, minutes, seconds format to decimal format, use this easy formula:
degrees + (minutes/60) + (seconds/3600)
The example coordinate above would be calculated as: 42 + (8/60) + (10/3600) = 42.1361 or 42 + (.1333) + (.0028 ) = 42.1361